- Degree in Business Administration
- 2005 : Pilates Certification, Marie-Jose Blom of Long Beach Dance Conditioning in California
- 2006 : Gyrotonic Expansion System® Certification
- 2007 : Pilates Method Alliance (PMA®) Certification
Postpartum Pilates with Debra Goodman MSPT, New York
- 2008 : DMA Clinical Pilates Certification
- 2010 : Pre and Post Natal Pilates Specialist Certification, Carolyne Anthony of The Center For Women’s Fitness
- 2010 & 2012 : Pre/Post Natal Yoga & Yoga For Active Birth Certification, Dr Jean Byrne
- 2013 : Passing the Torch Pilates Mentorship Program with Balanced Body® Faculty & Mentor, Elizabeth Larkham
- FAMI (Functional Anatomy for Movement & Injuries) Workshop, New York
Ivy is a Pilates Method Alliance Certified Pilates Teacher and a graduate of the Advances in Pilates Technique, an internationally acclaimed professional teacher’s training program under the tutelage of master teacher, Marie-Jose Blom in California. She was first introduced to Pilates in 1993 to improve her overall muscle tone and flexibility for dance. But it was only during rehabilitation after her hip fracture surgery in 1997 that she began to discover the therapeutic benefits in Pilates. During her extensive training in the United States, Ivy has had the opportunity to learn from Pilates elders, Kathleen Stanford Grant and Romana Kryzanowska. She has studied with renowned master teachers Madeline Black, Elizabeth Larkham, Leslie Powell, Deborah Lessen and has also completed a course of study in kinesthetic anatomy with neuromuscular movement specialist Irene Dowd.
Ivy’s current work is a blend of her experience in both the classical and contemporary Pilates. She adopts an interdisciplinary approach to her teaching by integrating other movement modalities that include yoga, dance, Gyrotonic® and the Feldenkrais Method. Her sessions emphasize breathing and biomechanics, body awareness and intelligent movement patterns to create balance and achieve optimum health. Her goal is to help her clients realize their individual potential for strength, flexibility, stability with mobility, postural alignment and mind-body connection.
Ivy enjoys working with clients of all ages and has a keen interest in bone health for seniors. She particularly likes empowering a woman both physically and mentally during her pregnancy and postpartum. She continues to research on osteoporosis and geriatric exercise, women’s health, scoliosis and Pilates-based rehabilitation.
Besides being the fiercely proud mum of her boy, Ivy loves balancing her work with her other passions in yoga and dance. She continues to take classes and workshops and travel internationally to broaden her teaching practice and develop her career as a movement educator.